The Priestley-Forsyth Memorial Library is committed to meeting the information, recreation and life-long learning needs of our patrons. To that end, the library offers free Wi-Fi and internet access. By logging onto a computer or our Wi-Fi service, you are digitally signing and agreeing to abide by the terms of the Internet Acceptable Use Agreement.
Library staff is available for general assistance in using the computers; however, staff is not expected to train patrons in the use of application programs.
The use of computers in the library is a privilege that may be revoked at any time for offensive conduct. The internet is a global entity with a highly diverse user population and library patrons use it at their own risk.
Parents or guardians, not the library or the staff, are responsible for the internet information accessed by their children. Concerned parents/caregivers are advised to supervise in person their child’s internet sessions or ask library staff to prohibit internet use. The library staff will not supervise internet sessions of any patrons.
- Display of obscene or sexually explicit materials on any viewing screen is a violation of the Pennsylvania Criminal Code 18 PA #5903 and is strictly prohibited.
- The library is required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) to prohibit internet access for children 16 years and younger to materials that are harmful to minors. In order to implement the law, the library uses a Web Content Filter on all public access computers. The Web Content Filter disables access to certain web-sites.
- User agrees to refrain from illegal or unethical use of the internet.
- User agrees not to install, alter, remove, or damage configurations, software, or hardware and recognizes that add-on products for the web may not be available for public use.
- User agrees not to misrepresent self or to attempt to gain unauthorized access either inside or outside the library.
- User recognizes there may be copyright restrictions on some materials found on the internet which prohibit downloading.
- User recognizes that when using public computers to make purchases on-line, personal information such as credit card numbers may be accessed by others. The library is not responsible for theft of personal data.
- There is a (1) one-hour time limit on use of the computers. If there is no one else waiting, time limits may be extended.
- Users access to and use of the internet at the Priestly-Forsyth Library may be terminated for any perceived or suspected violations of the above provisions.